Ruddy Turnstone feeding in a shopping center parking lot

Yesterday, 20 September, I watched a Ruddy Turnstone scavenging for food in
a large parking lot in Morehead City, NC.   Of course, this species
scavenges commonly at fishing piers and similar locations.  Further, I
wouldn't be surprised to see a turnstone at auch an "inland" (= 3 blocks
from the estuary) location during a severe storm.  However, I was surprised
to see one feeding at such a location during calm weather (although I should
add that this was around the time of highest tide, and tides have been
higher than average recently).

Is anyone else along the Carolina coast seeing this species feeding in
parking lots that are not immediately adjacent to the ocean/estuaries during
normal weather?  I wonder if this is something that we may see more of in
the future?

                                              John Fussell
                                              Morehead City, NC
                                               jfuss@bmd.clis.com