Duke Forest Birding

I took this morning off and birder Duke Forest. Mostly the Shepherd Nature
Trail, but also the gate 6 to gate 3 road.

I started off well on the Shephard Trail with

Eastern Wood-Pewee
Red-eyed Vireo
Northern Parula
Chesnut-sided Warbler
Magnolia Warbler
Blackburnian Warbler
Black-and-White Warbler
American Redstart
Worm-eating Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Summer Tanager
Scarlet Tanager

After going around the trail once I decided to do the beginning section again. I
saw some species again and added

White-eyed Vireo
Yellow-throated Vireo
Veery
Tennessee Warbler
Prairie Warbler
Hooded Warbler

The gate 6 to gate 3 road was very quiet except for where it crossed Mud Creek.
There I found another Warbler flock, which included another Blackburnian Warbler
and added Black-throated Blue Warbler and Ovenbird for the morning.

Jim Bloor, Ph.D
Department of Cell Biology,
Duke University Medical Center,
DUMC Box 3709,