Swainson's Thrush

Had a very good morning for Swainson's Thrush at Ritter Park in Cary.  Quite a
few birds mixed in with American Robins and feeding on dogwood berries.  One
thrush was particularly interesting in that the body was very dark.  The bird
showed a very nice buffy throat and "spectacles" typical of Swainson's, but with
a body and throat spotting much darker than any other Swainson's I have seen.
I'll check my recent Birding issues when I get home as they had an extensive
article on the regional variations of the Swainson's.  Maybe this was one of the
subspecies that breeds father to the west?

Best,
Steve Shultz
Cary, NC
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please