Caswell CBC meeting

Fellow CBC members on Carolinabirds:

Although the wind made birding difficult during the CBC meeting at Ft.
Caswell, we had a great time.  John and Paula Wright planned an outstanding
program, and having most of the group at the same location with several group
meals made for much more get-acquainted time.

I want to especially thank the field trip leaders:  Brad Carlson, John
Wright, Greg Massey, Len Pardue, Bruce Smithson, Bob Maxwell, Sue Pulsipher,
Donna Bailey, John Fussell, Eric Dean, Sam Cooper, Bob Holmes, Russ Tyndall
and probably a couple I have missed.  They performed admirably under adverse
conditions.  Special thanks to Bruce Smithson who recommended a colorful
restaurant in Southport (Yacht Basin Provision Co.) with excellent food for
lunch after our Green Swamp field trip.

Clyde Smith
Raleigh, NC