Re: Tennessee Warbler Migration

As if by magic in response to Marilyn Westphal's query, I netted am
immature Tennessee Warbler today at Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont
Natural History near York, halfway between the coast and the
mountains. :-)

This was the first one at Hilton Pond since 1995, and only the 62nd
since 1982--ALL of which have been banded in fall migration.

Of those 62 birds, 30 were banded in 1991, which had the best fall
migration for many species in the 19 years I've been banding locally.

Happy Birding,

BILL
--

**********

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
1432 DeVinney Road
York, South Carolina 29745
USA

e-mail: <hilton@hiltonpond.org>

Voice: (803) 684-5852

eFax: (503) 218-0845

Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is a 501(c)(3)
non-profit research and education organization, so all in-kind or
monetary gifts to Operation RubyThroat and the Center are
tax-deductible. Please visit our websites:

Hilton Pond:  <http://www.hiltonpond.org>

Operation RubyThroat:  <http://www.rubythroat.org>

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."

						BHjr.