new triangle park possible

Raleigh Parks and Rec. is going to have a public hearing Saturday, Oct. 21,
at 1:00-3:00 at the No. Ral. United Methodist Church, 8501 Honeycutt Rd. on
a new park being planned on Honeycutt Rd. They are currently planning to
bulldoze the rolling hills and older forest to put in ball fields. However,
they want to hear from the public to see if something else is preferred,
like a natural area for birding and other wildlife watching. This park will
actually be in the county, and is in the Falls Lake watershed, according to
the person who called me this AM to tell me about this unadvertised
hearing. The hope is that people will object to the ball field mindset that
is prevalent with this agency, and try and get a nature park with walking
trails. This is all I know. Call Raleigh Parks for further info.

Gail Lankford
Raleigh