RFI Red-cockaded Woodpecker in SC (fwd), and other thoughts

Hi C-birders,

The note below comes from BIRDCHAT; please address responses to the
author, Ernie Jardine <BIRDING@AOL.COM>, and not to me or Carolinabirds.

Meanwhile, have noticed some interesting things on the web archives
lately. Mostly from the Kiptopeke hawk watch in Virginia: they've had a
Gyrfalcon, two Frigatebirds, and a record number of Golden Eagles in
recent days. Keep looking up!

I commented earlier on unusual numbers of Clay-colored Sparrows along the
east coast. Now a Brewer's Sparrow has been reported in east Texas, and
possibly another in the Florida panhandle. It's a long shot, but keep it
in mind... and for sparrow novices, keep in mind that winter-plumage and
first-year Chipping Sparrows are extremely hard to distinguish from these
other two species, so don't let excitement run away with you!

Like Robin and Harry, I too have noticed many more Golden-crowned
Kinglets than Ruby-crowned here in the Piedmont. The exception was in the
Duke Gardens on Sunday, when I heard RCK's singing.

Have to run. Good birding,

Josh