Juncos, Hermit Thrush, Blue Headed Vireo in N. Durham Co

Janet and I did our usual Sunday morning "backyard" walk.  There were birds
all over the place.  We saw 28 species, with more than 20 each of Bluebird,
Chipping sparrow and White-throated sparrow and Red-winged blackbird.

First returnees of Junco (4), Hermit Thrush (heard 2).  Saw one Blue-headed
vireo.  Fly over of a killdeer.

KIlldeer	1
Morning Dove	8
Flicker	2
Sapsucker	1
Red-Bellied Woodpecker	3
Downy WP	1
Phoebe	3
Common Crow	5
Carolina Wren		2
Carolina Chickadee	5
Golden Crowned Kinglet	2
Ruby Crowned Kinglet		2
Blue-h eaded Vireo	1
Cedar Waxwing	5
Robin		4
Hermit thrush	2
Yellow-rumped Warbler	7
Pine Warbler	2
Mockingbird	2
Bluejay	3
Red-Winged Blackbird		40
Towhee	2
Goldfinch	2
Chipping Sparrow	30
White-throated Sparrow	25
Swamp Sparrow	2
Song Sparrow		8
Dark-eyed junco	4
House Finch		2

The seeds supplies are extremely high, so I look for the numbers to remain
high.  But the dog was not impressed.

Tom
Tom Krakauer
Bahama, NC