Savannah NWR on 11-3

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Today, Gary Phillips and I went to the Savannah NWR, Jasper County,SC in
search of the White-faced Ibis that had been reported there this week and
which Bob and Barbara Maxwell located yesterday.  The report is we saw a
whole lot of dark eyed Glossy Ibis and some distant Plegadis that kept
their heads down. No white-faced for us. Met Dennis & Donna Forsythe they
had not seen the WFI either, but they were going to do the route one more
time. About 59 species.

Pied-billed Grebe-1
Double-crested Cormorant-1
Anhinga-numerous
Great Blue Heron-many
Great Egret-many
Snowy Egret-a few
Little Blue Heron-many
Cattle Egret-3
White Ibis-many
Glossy Ibis-many
Wood Stork-1
Wood Duck-several
Green-winged Teal-several
Blue-winged Teal-many
Turkey Vulture-a few
Osprey-2 or 3
N. Harrier-2 or 3
Buteo sp-1 probably an immature Red-shouldered
Am. Kestrel-3
King Rail-1 heard only
Sora-1 or 2 heard only
Common Moorhen-a few
Am. Coot-several
Laughing Gull-many
Ring-billed Gull-some
Mourning Dove-a few
Belted Kingfisher-a few
Red-bellied Woodpecker-a few
Downey Woodpecker-1
N. Flicker-several heard
E. Phoebe-several
Tree Swallow-abundant
Barn Swallow-1
Blue Jay-a few heard
Fish Crow-1 heard
Carolina Chickadee-a few heard
Tufted Titmouse-a few heard
Carolina Wren-a few heard
House Wren-1
Golden-crowned Kinglet-1 heard only
Ruby-crowned Kinglet-several
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher-a few heard
Gray Catbird-3
N. Mockingbird-2
Brown Thrasher-1
Blue-headed Vireo-1
Yellow-rumped Warbler-numerous
Pine Warbler-1
Palm Warbler-2 or 3
Common Yellowthroat-1 heard only
N. Cardinal-several
Savannah Sparrow-many
Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrow-1 seen by Gary
Song Sparrow-about 3
Swamp Sparrow-1
White-throated Sparrow-a few heard
Red-winged Blackbird-abundant