birding question

I really enjoy all the posts on this list.
I have a question that maybe one of you can help with...

I am planning to go camping in Florida from Dec 23 - Jan 1.
At the moment I have no particular destination. Last year I managed to be at
Flamingo for Bird Week the first of March, and then went over to Ding
Darling. That really spoiled me.  Saw birds I never dreamed existed. Ran
through a gazillion rolls of film.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the late-December timeframe as to where
I could go in FL and see some birds, maybe enjoy some light hiking ??? (Would
also love to see manatee in the natural; have been told to go to the
"springs" areas, but I don't know where that is)

Since last year's trip was my first-ever time to go to FL; its obvious that
I've never been to FL in December and I'm not sure where to go.

Would appreciate any help. You can respond privately or to the list.

Terry
tham9281@aol.com