Huntington Beach S.P. on 11-15

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Today, Gary Phillips and I birded at Huntington Beach S.P., Murrells
Inlet, Georgetown County, S.C. Areas covered were the area behind the
secondary dunes from the boardwalk to the jetty pond, the jetty pond and
the jetty itself and the beach and ocean between the parking lot and ocean.
 With colder temperatures and northerly winds we had hoped for Short-eared
Owl Horned Grebe and scoters. No such luck. 59 species

Common Loon-1
Pied-billed Grebe-5
N. Gannet-3
Brown Pelican-a few
Double-crested Cormorant-200 migrating South in five groups of from 20 to
75 birds.
Great Blue Heron-5
Great Egret-3
Snowy Egret-3
Tricolored Heron-4
White Ibis-1
Wood Stork-6
Turkey Vulture-2
Osprey-2
N. Harrier-2
Peregrine Falcon-1
Clapper Rail-1 heard only
Common Moorhen-4
Am. Coot-4
Black-bellied Plover-6
Semipalmated Plover-12
Piping Plover-8 the banded bird is still around on the beach
Am. Oystercatcher-13
Lesser Yellowlegs-1
Willet-3
Ruddy Turnstone-15
Sanderling-3
Purple Sandpiper-3
Dunlin-250
Short-billed Dowitcher-50
Laughing Gull-5
Ring-billed Gull-25
Herring Gull-6 2adults rest first winter birds loofing on beach at Garden
City Beach
Great Black-backed Gull-6 5 adults 1 first winter bird
Royal Tern-8 2 banded
Sandwich Tern-12 2 banded
Forster's Tern-2
Common Ground Dove-2
E. Phoebe-1
Tree Swallow-numerous overhead especially overhead
Barn Swallow-1
Blue Jay-1
Carolina Wren-2 heard only
Ruby-crowned Kinglet-2
N. Mockingbird-1
Loggerhead Shrike-3
Orange-crowned Warbler-1 in the cedar near the bird notes mailbox
Yellow-rumped Warbler-many
Palm Warbler-3
N. Cardinal-1
Rufous-sided Towhee-1 heard only
Savannah Sparrow-20
NELSON'S SHARP-TAILED SPARROW-1 in the marsh behind the secondary dunes
SALTMARSH SHARP-TAILED SPARROW-1 in the marsh behind the secondary dunes
Song Sparrow-2
White-throated Sparrow-1 heard only
Red-winged Blackbird-50
E. Meadowlark-2