Kinglets

I am new this year to birding, so I can't compare to last year, but I
have seen ruby-crowned kinglets much more than golden-crowned at Mason
Farm, Little Creek and the Shepherd Nature Trail (probably 5 or 6 to 1)
here in the Durham/Orange County area.

Amalie Tuffin
Durham, NC

Donna Bailey wrote:

"Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 1 and only one.  The Ruby-crowned Kinglet
shortage
exists here too.

Golden-crowned Kinglet - many more than usual.  In contrast to the small

numbers of Ruby-crowned Kinglets, the Golden-crowned Kinglets are
numerous
and have been since their somewhat early arrival in mid to late
October."