Mango for Thanksgiving!

Dwayne and I were fortunate enough to be able to see the Green-breasted
Mango today!!!!  We shooed our family away from Thanksgiving Dinner (it's
always around lunch at our house!) in time to be there by 4:00pm.  The
little guy co-operated nicely and put in his appearance at 4:15pm-----It is
absolutely HUGE!!!!!  We also were able to meet the homeowner, Lori Turner,
which was also quite a treat!  I think all of us are quite a surprise to
her.  We spoke with her and her neighbors (who also have out their
hummingbird feeder) and one of them said, "Now, we like nature and animals
and everything----but you people are crazy!!!"  I assured her that we were
completely sane---that they were the ones who were in the dark about the
world of birds and birding.  The had no idea!  She has had folks come from
Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Florida, and one is supposed to arrive tomorrow
from Canada---so they're beginning to get the picture!  Good luck to
everyone trying for it tomorrow----we may try to get some video of it
ourselves sometime in the morning.

Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club