Mango, V.Flycatcher, Golden Eagle

Dear Carolina birders:
        Susan Arrington and I just finished a two-day excursion from
Beaufort (NC) to Goldsboro to Concord, to lake Mattamuskeet.  Friday was a
good day for birding.  Today it has rained all day.  However, we add our joy
at seeing both the Vermillion Flycatcher in Goldsboro yesterday about 10:00
AM and the Green-breasted Mango about 3:00 PM.  Wonderful looks at both
birds.  Today at Lake Mattamuskeet, we saw and adult Golden Eagle flying
overhead and over the fields along US 264 near the Causeway Road.  Good look
at the eagle.  This is the third Golden Eagle I have seen at LM over the
years.

Rich Boyd
Beaufort, NC
rcboyd@coastalnet.com