Bobolink and Blue Grosbeak

The Warlick Road - Henderson County (southern NC mountains) Bobolink has
returned right on schedule.  Some birds you can set your calendar by.  If the
past is still reliable he will be joined by another male in the next few days.
Flocks come through this field a little later, but these two stick around and
presumably nest there.  I've never had the time to fully check it out.  I must
confess, although I have good intentions at this time of year, once the ticks
start thickening up the Bobolink field becomes less attractive as a place to
wander around in looking for a nest.
	The Grandview Lane Blue Grosbeak is also back on his favorite corner
near the French Broad Baptist Church (this must seem like an odd name for a
church to those who are unaware of the river by the same name).  This is
another bird you can set your calendar by.
Marilyn Westphal
Hendersonville, NC
mjwestphal@unca.edu