Bird sound?

Sat. evening(approx. 7pm) my son and I were  canoeing Mill Creek(Rice's
Creek) outside of Wilmington in Brunswick Co. when we heard :

A low volume, buzzy or raspy "noise" about 2 sec. in duration repeated every
8-10 sec. over a period of a minute. Sounded a bit like air leaking out of a
tire. It re-occurred for a few more sessions, but no visual made. My senses
were saying "about 10-20 feet up.

I have been sitting here listening to bird sounds on eNature.com for over an
hour but still have not narrowed it down.( Now I am ready to order Thayers)

My gut says it is a bird.

What does everyone/anyone think?

Brian T. Murphy   http://brmurphy.home.mindspring.com/
Millbrook High School    http://schools.wcpss.net/MillbrookHigh
Raleigh, NC USA
919-850-8787

"Conservation is a great moral issue, for it involves the patriotic duty of
ensuring the safety and continuance of the nation." --President Theodore
Roosevelt

"I do not intend that our natural resources shall be exploited by the few
against the interests of the many." --President Theodore Roosevelt