YC Nightherons back in Charlotte

    The pair of Yellow Crowned Night Herons have returned to southeast
Charlotte for the 10th year running. There is a possiblity that the the
youngsters from last year have returned. I have observed them between
7:30-8:00 pretty much every evening for the last two weeks, flying over the
ball fields behind our house at Randolph Junior High School. Still have not
located a nest, but there is a pond just behind the school that is a strong
possibility. There are numerous other ponds in the vicinity.

Alan Kneidel
Charlotte, NC