banded white pigeon at Cane Creek

Dear Folks:

	Yesterday afternoon while I was feeding bread to the resident fish crow
(who was being attacked relentlessly by the mockingbirds) at Cane Creek
Reservoir, a beautiful white bird flew past me and landed by the lake.
Upon approaching it, I saw it was a pure white pigeon that had a wide
yellowish band on its left leg.  It appeared uncertain, pecked a little
in the grass, and flew off in the direction of Caterpillar Creek and then
over the trees and out of sight.  If anyone is studying this bird, this
is where it was on Sunday about 5:00 p.m.  The staff at Cane Creek said
they had not seen the bird before.

	Lucretia O. Kinney
	Chapel Hill, NC