Cattle Egret in Madison County

Esther and I saw a Cattle Egret at a farm pond in Madison County yesterday.
First one I've seen in the mountains in a good while (possibly ever), but
others will know whether Cattle Egrets show up more often than my
experience would indicate.

The bird we saw was on a farm on Ramsey Snelson Road (Ramsey Creek Rd on p.
31 of the N.C. Delorme), just off Bear Creek Rd., which is on the south
side of the French Broad River and just across the line from Buncombe
County.

cheers,

Len Pardue, Asheville NC