Common Loon

Dear Carolinabirders
Rich and I were birding Sunday afternoon and saw a Common Loon in full adult
plummage in North River near the N.R. bridge just east of Beaufort on hwy 70
east.  Later that evening we saw 10 Marbled Godwits flying south over Cedar
Island Ferry terminal, possibly migrating?  Then we saw what appeared to be
an Iceland/Herring hybrid gull on the beach just north of the ferry docks.
It was the size of an Iceland and had the plummage of a first year Iceland.
However, its bill was larger like that of a herring gull.  We took some
pictures, but made no determinations.  The White-winged Dove that
was seen and heard in our yard for a month has not been around for three
days now.
Susan Boyd
sarrington@coastalnet.com