New Yard Bird

Hello All,

    I had yesterday off, so I spent several minutes outside seeing what was
migrating through. New birds for the yard for the year included an Empidonax
sp. (They never make a sound for me, so I can never speciate them.), a first
year Canada Warbler and a Prothonotary Warbler, the latter a first ever for
the yard and my 129th yard species in five years of keeping a yard list.
Other species I had not seen in the yard since spring included Blue-gray
Gnatcatcher and Red-eyed vireo. Cheers.

Steve Tracy
Gastonia, NC
stevepath1@aol.com