Re: digiscoping

At 09:38 AM 9/4/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>Since the postings by Blayne & Anne Olsen, and Roger Shaw, has anyone
>tried digiscoping yet?

snip for brevity

>Regards
>
>--
>Steve Perry

Steve(and other Carolinabirders)

Yes, I am in the process of teaching myself digiscoping technique.  I own a
Swarovski scope with zoom.  I have been in touch with a guy in England who
has been doing this digiscoping thing with great success and am following
his mentoring, as well as mining the info found on many web pages.

I bought a Nikon 995 camera, an adapter from LCE in England and have had
some success imaging house finches, WPs, etc from my deck in anticipation
of using the combo when actually birding.  I would be happy to share
experiences and wrong turns via e-mail, or demonstrate what I am up to in
person (I see you are also in Durham) if you, or anyone else on this list,
is interested.

I am an experienced photographer, and can say that I was surprised how much
unlearning and readjustment is required with the digital format. This is
not intuitive for me at least!

The potential for birding documentation with this digiscoping method is
tremendous!  I can see it being used as commonly as regular scoping in a
few years when this catches on here in America,

I too hope that this response is not too off topic.

cheers
Jack McLain
Durham, NC