Roanoke Island migrants

	Despite pitiful cold fronts so far this fall there are some migrants around
here if you don't mind working for them. The last couple of days in and
around the Elizabethan Gardens has produced about 10 species of warblers,
best ones being a Kentucky (1st year female had me thinking Mourning for a
second), Magnolia, Worm-eating, Blackburnian, and 6 Black-throated Blues (in
one clump of grapes vines). Also, saw my first Veery of the fall today
eating pokeberries (him, not me). Lots of Baltimore Orioles around chowing
down on grapes and virginia creeper berries.
	Jeff Lewis
	Manteo, NC