NAMC Bear Island SC

Hello Carolina birders,

This coming Saturday (the 15th) is the North American Migration Count, and I
am (as usual) short-handed in Colleton County (SC). In fact, I need somebody
to count one of SC's very best birding locations - Bear Island WMA. There's
just not enough daylight for me to cover Donnelley WMA & Bear Island both
and do a half-decent job of it.

As most of you know, an _average_ day of birding on Bear Island usually
results in around 70 species, and at this time of the year, there is no
telling what will turn up there.

No experience is necessary, beyond a basic familiarity with the area and
average birding skills. Most of the count can be done from close to a
vehicle (so cross country hiking is not required).

There is currently *no coverage* in the Walterboro area, so I'd also be
delighted to welcome volunteers who are familiar with that area.

Please contact me privately with any questions, for details, or to get a
count form. It's a lot of fun, great birding, and important for the birds
too. I hope to hear from you!

Sharon Brown
Adams Run, SC
slbrown3@mindspring.com