ASFC Bird Walk - Horizons Park 09/08 Results

Eleven birders participated in the ASFC Bird Walk at Horizons Park,
Winston-Salem, on Saturday 09/08.  The trip was a rather quiet one with just
29 species seen or heard.  I guess all the migrants are at Mahogany Rock and
Ridge Junction Overlook! :-) We were, however,  treated to some good looks
at a small flock of Baltimore Orioles.

Here's our species list:

Mourning Dove
Chimney Swift
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Eastern Wood-Pewee
Eastern Phoebe
Great-crested Flycatcher
Red-eyed Vireo
Blue Jay
American Crow
Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
White-breated Nuthatch
Carolina Wren
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Eastern Bluebird
American Robin
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher
European Starling
Cedar Waxwing
Scarlet Tanager
Eastern Towhee
Chipping Sparrow
Northern Cardinal
Baltimore Oriole

Next month's walk will be at Reynolda Gardens on Saturday, October 13th.
We'll meet in the lower level parking area near "Lake" Katharine at 9 a.m.

Good Birding!

Liz Schmid
Audubon Society of Forsyth County
North Carolina