Mcmullen creek greenway- charlotte

  Looked for the golden winged warbler today as reported by allen
kneidle over the weekend but no luck. The parks people were gas leaf
blowing in the area he had seen it-- so not much going on. The basic
warbler movements were confined to numerous redstarts and a lone
chestnut sided seen by ben berry.                            I did ,
however , see two swainsons thrushes and one veery just past the first
wetland area on the right where a dry creek runs under the path. This
was early and all were in the same area.
Ben and I will head back out on Thursday to check out the action and am
looking forward to the Jackson Park trip this Saturday.
This past Saturday morning on a birdwalk with the local wild bird center
at johnson rd ext, we hit woodpecker heaven with three hairys,two
pileateds,three downys and three red- headed, only missing a flicker to
get them allf for this time of year.
Dave Lovett = Charlotte
Birdsalot@webtv.net