Hilton Pond 09/01/01 (Katydids)

HI . . .

We apologize that because of the recent devastating events in New
York, Washington, and Pittsburgh we have fallen behind in our regular
updates from Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History. We have
taken solace in walking our trails and immersing ourselves in the
wonders of nature and hope this week's photo essay about Katydids
will bring you some small comfort at the end of a very difficult week.

For details please visit
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek010901.html for "This Week at
Hilton Pond" for the week of 1-7 August 2001. (This is  a direct link
but please feel free to browse the rest of the Web site.)

As usual, there are seven-day totals for banded and recaptured birds,
including mug shots of a young male Blue Jay and a Worm-eating
warbler.

Peace, and Happy Nature Watching,

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.