September 24 Chapel Hill Bird Club

Howdy!

I'm writing to invite Triangle area birders to the first Chapel Hill
Bird Club meeting of the year on Monday, September 24, at 7:30 pm. We
meet in the lounge of Binkley Baptist Church, on the corner of Willow
Drive and Highway 15-501 Bypass, next to University Mall in Chapel Hill.
Our speaker will be our own Carolinabirds member Rob Gluck, on the
Ivory-billed Woodpecker. Many of you remember reading Rob's emails in
spring about the Barred Owls nesting on the UNC campus, plus his beloved
Ivory-billed. The Ivory-billed Woodpecker is believed to be extinct, but
there continues to be possible reports in Louisiana. Rob's been out
there to investigate. Come early, at 7:15 pm, for snacks and bird talk!

Karen Bearden
Raleigh, NC