Broad-billed Hummer location

Carolinabirders,

Brad Carlson and I tried for the Broad-billed Hummingbird late this
afternoon.  The bird is present, but I only got a glimpse as it flew away
from the feeder at 6:00 p.m.  We stayed until 7:00 p.m. but did not see it
again.  Too late, apparently.  I plan to go back early tomorrow.

YOU MUST CALL MRS. PARKER TO ASK PERMISSION AND GET YOUR NAME ON THE VISITOR
LIST (252) 637-4966.  Otherwise, they will not let you through the gate at
Fairfield Harbor.  However, I will give directions to her home.  Perhaps
this will keep her from having to repeatedly give directions to numerous
callers.

Travel to New Bern area.  Take NC 55 east toward Bayboro.  After about 1
mile, turn right onto Broad Creek Rd (at a traffic light).  After six miles
you will reach the Fairfield Harbor community.  Turn right and stop at the
security gate, give them your name and destination (assuming you have your
name on their list) to get a visitor pass.  Immediately turn right onto
Caracara.  Next turn left on Pelican.  Stay on Pelican for more than a mile.
You will pass the golf clubhouse and continue on some distance until a 4-way
stop.  Turn left on Gondolier.  Soon turn right on Black Swan.  Then turn
left on Port Drive.  The Parker's address is 5819 Port Drive.  The bird
comes to the red feeder in the front yard.

Good luck.
--
John and Paula Wright     h 252-756-5139

johnswrighthsd@earthlink.net      Greenville, North Carolina