Shepherd Nature Trail - Durham, NC

Shepherd Nature Trail was fairly quiet this morning, but I did have a
female Black-throated Blue Warbler, a streaky little guy with wing bars
and a yellowish throat that I am 95% sure was a first year Blackburnian,
and a large flock of migrating Eastern Bluebirds.  (I say migrating
because there were 30 or more bluebirds where I generally see none.)  I
also had great looks at a perched Cooper's Hawk that let me watch it
from about 20 feet away until I got tired of standing in one place and
moved on.

Amalie Tuffin
Durham, NC