Lake Jordan

Hi all,

I went out this morning for a bit of birding, hitting a few spots along
the E. side of Jordan Lake, beginning with the 751 bridge, then
hitting White Oak Creek and Ebenezer Point.  The lake itself was
pretty much devoid of life, excepting the occasional cormorant and
a bevy of herons and egrets hunting along its periphery.  However, I
did manage to dig up a few migrants among the 32 species I found,
including a PALM WARBLER, BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER,
AMERICAN REDSTART, and a MAGNOLIA WARBLER.  I also
found my first real signs of Winter, as I heard a WHITE-THROATED
SPARROW singing, and I found SONG SPARROW, RUBY-
CROWNED KINGLET, and a few YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS.

Driving home, I spotted a soaring OSPREY as I recrossed the 751
bridge, which, all in all, was a nice way to cap off the morning.

Happy Birding,

-Sandy
--
Sandy Cash