Bird Seed

What, where, how much, why?

I am not much of a bird feeder during the warmer weather, but now I am
subject, so
lets see what we get.

Over the years I have tried everything from Food Lion seeds (major waste)
to the "high quality" and expensive seeds from WBU. Seeds from places like
WBU hurt the wallet, especially when you have the volume I have.
What are the options? Are there good mail order sources? How about the
seeds at Lowes or Southern States? The birds certainly like the Stokes
seeds from Lowes, but the bags are small, ergo expensive.

Has anyone done research on all these seed sources?

I purchased a 50# bag of Black Oil Sunflower seeds at BJ'S Warehouse for
$9.99. Yes , $9.99 for 50#. Sure, there is some trash in the bag, but not
enough for it to even approach the price from WBU. The feeder is just as
busy as the feeder with "higher priced" seed. No excess trash on the ground.

Look forward to hearing everyone's opinions.

Brian

Brian T. Murphy   www.mindspring.com/~brmurphy
Science Dept.
Millbrook High School    http://schools.wcpss.net/MillbrookHigh