HBSP on 10-16

Hi Carolinabirders,
	This morning Paul Rogers and I met Bob Maxwell at Huntington Beach S.P.
for some birding there and then a few hours at Brookgreen Gardens. 44
species id'd. including one I believe is new to the park. Those species
exclusive to Brookgreen have a - b after the number.

Pied-billed Grebe-1
Double-crested Cormorant-25
Great Blue Heron-1
Great Egret-4
Snowy Egret-12
Tricolored Heron-7
Black-crowned Night-Heron-1 immature
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron-3 seen by Bob before we arrived
White Ibis-15 fly overs
Blue-winged Teal-1
Turkey Vulture-3 b
Red-shouldered Hawk-1 b
Peregrine Falcon-1 b
Clapper Rail-1 heard only
Yellowlegs sp.-1 heard only
Caspian Tern-2
Mourning Dove-1
Red-bellied Woodpecker-1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker-1 b
N. Flicker-2
E. Phoebe-1 heard only b
Tree Swallow-30
Blue Jay-7
Fish Crow-40 b
Carolina Chickadee-4 heard only
Tufted Titmouse-4 heard only
White-breasted Nuthatch-3
Carolina Wren-3 heard only
Ruby-crowned Kinglet-3
Gray Catbird-3
N. Mockingbird-4
Brown Thrasher-2
Eur. Starling-7
White-eyed Vireo-1
Am. Redstart-1
N. Cardinal-4
Rufous-sided Towhee-2
Chipping Sparrow-1
Red-winged Blackbird-40
Boat-tailed Grackle-4
Common Grackle-2
SHINY COWBIRD-1 female in shrubbery across from HBSP store/office at
entrance to main parking lot. Report to SCBRC.
Summer Tanager 1

Excellent company and a new bird.

Jack

Jack Peachey