Purple Finch, and singing Blue Headed Vireos in N. Durham Co

Had a nice walk around the neighborhood this morning.

Most of the winter birds are back with goodly (if that is the appropriate
term) numbers of YELLOW RUMPS, R-C KINGLETS, and White Throated
sparrows.  We had our first Junco yesterday, and saw the first PURPLE FINCH
of the season this morning.

Some birds in transition were present with Catbird, Brown Thrasher still
present.  We also saw and heard 2 pretty Blue-Header Vireos.

Several Pileated Woodpeckers and Turkey calls rounded out a nice "yard
walk"  with all of the usual suspects.

Tom Krakauer

Tom Krakauer
Bahama, Durham County, NC