Hilton Pond 10/15/01 (Rough Green Snake)

HI . . .

We almost hate to spend two weeks in a row talking about snakes at
Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History, but we couldn't pass
up the chance for a photo essay on an unexpected and well-camouflaged
encounter with a Rough Green Snake.

Please visit "This Week at Hilton Pond" for the week of 15-21
October 2001 at http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek011015.html . This
is  a direct link, but feel free to browse the rest of the Web site.
:-)

As always, there are weekly totals for banded and recaptured birds,
including a mug shots of a Northern Mockingbird and the first
Yellow-rumped Warbler of the year.

Peace, and Happy Nature Watching,

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.