Purple Finch, Pine Sisken-n Chatham Co

Good morning and brrrrr!

I had a Pine Sisken on a thistle feeder on Friday.
Wondered if I was imagining it...
About 60 Goldfinches showed up late yesterday
afternoon but I did not see the Sisken with them.

Now I have what I think is the same Sisken-no obvious
yellow, a female Purple Finch along with a handful of
House Finches.

My GF numbers never dropped off this to below about 20
per day year but the
House Finches have been gone for some time.

Sure was surprised to see the PF and always delighted
when all three-Sisken, Purple Finch and House Finch
feed on adjacent feeders for comparison. Tells me I am
not making them up!

Jill Froning
south of Chapel Hill/n. Chatham Co NC