He's Still There!

Hi folks,

Just got back from a day on the Banks (success on a bird chase always makes
the drive back home much more enjoyable!) I watched the Sprague's Pipt for
over two hours this morning - a very neat bird, especially when he fills the
frame in the scope view!. He was in the same general area as found Sunday.
Also from that same spot, I had 50+ American Pipts, 1 Snow Bunting, 1 Lapland
Longspur, and 2 Horned Larks! What an amazIng assemblage of open ground
birds! Also had a Dickcissel fly-over. Had another Snow Bunting perched on
the roof(!) of the bathrooms at the Pea Island Visitor Center. There were a
lot sparrows and Juncos around also. Hopefully some of this stuff will hang
around for Wings Over Water, but that is asking a lot. Hope to see a lot of
you folks on the banks this coming weekend. Later, Ricky

Ricky Davis
608 Smallwood Drive
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
RJDNC@aol.com(H)