Re-trap of Rufous Hummer at Casar NC

This morning (21 November 2001) I re-trapped an After-Hatch-Year
female Rufous Hummingbird at the home of a friend in Casar (Cleveland
County, North Carolina). I banded this bird at the same residence on
11 February 2001.

This RUHU originally showed up in mid-October 2000, but I didn't hear
about it for several months. After banding,it hung around until late
March and returned again in mid-October 2001. The bird is in
excellent condition.

Of the winter vagrant hummingbirds I've banded, this is the first to
return in a later season.

Happy Hummingbird Banding,

BILL

P.S. Photos and additional info will be posted to my Web site sometime soon.
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.