Salt Pond pipit directions?

I might have to make a trip to the OBX this weekend if the kingbird looks
like it might stick around.  I guess we'll know more after the front comes
through tonight or tomorrow.  I couldn't make it to WOW last week due to
family obligations so I'm playing catch-up.  If I do make it down I'll
probably try for the Sprague's Pipit at Cape Point.  I do not have 4WD so
I'll have to hoof it from the parking lot near ramp 44.  If anyone has a
few moments to describe where I should begin my search I would greatly
appreciate the info.  I'm thinking the bird was in the flats area that
occasionally connects the pond to the ocean, but would like confirmation so
I don't stake out the wrong spot :-)

Thanks in advance for any help.  We had our first ever Red-breasted
Nuthatch in the yard last week.  Signs continue to look good for a finch
year!  If anyone needs Tufted Duck and is willing to drive up to the
Delmarva, a female returned to Rehobeth Beach, DE for the third straight
winter.  See the Delaware mailing list on birdingonthe.net for updates.

Best,
Steve Shultz
Cary, NC
computer.