Backyard Woodcock

Hello Everyone,

     I was outside in the backyard checking the suet/gorp logs this afternoon
and I flushed an American Woodcock in the overgrown area at the back of the
lot near the creek. It flew about 10-15 yards and landed, so I was able to
return to the house for my binoculars and get a better look at it. That is
only the second Woodcock I have seen in the yard, the first being 7/17/1998,
when I was able to watch one forage for about 20 minutes in the mulch under
the blueberries before I left for work. Cheers.

Steve Tracy
Gastonia, NC