Pea Island 11/16-17-18/01

Hi Carolina Birders,
Thanks to all of you who posted wonderful info about locating the TROPICAL
KINGBIRD. My husband and I enjoyed great viewing of it on the 17th at the
dike at the north end of South Pond. Also, thanks to the person who posted
info about restaurants on the Outer Banks.

A couple of interesting birds seen at North pond: a WHIPPORWILL in the grass
near the water's edge at the south end of North Pond; one RUDDY TURNSTONE
along with a RED KNOT on a small sandy island at the south end of North
Pond. We thoroughly enjoyed the huge flocks of AVOCETS, SNOW GEESE, and
TUNDRA SWANS. If you are on Pea Island, don't miss the wonderful blind on
North Pond at Milepost marker 30. There is no sign on the road and no
parking area. But, stop at the Milepost 30 and you will see a boardwalk
which leads part way out to the blind. (HI ROGER)

Thanks again for great info!
Cheers, Joan of Art and Nature
511 Happy Valley Road,
South Williamson, KY 41503  sca00122@mail.wvnet.edu