Re: Mycoplasmal Conjunctivits in House Finches/Brown Thrasher

I have typically had a few house finches every year with conjunctivitis.
Keeping my feeders clean seems to have nothing to do with the numbers of
birds with the disease.  This year I have had about the same numbers, with
one actually dying from flying into a window.  I try to capture them before
that happens and have them treated.  Just yesterday I believe I saw a young
Brown Thrasher with one affected eye.  I will watch out for him again to see
if this condition is actually present.

Happy Holidays!
Wendy Ross Kaplan
Charlotte, NC