Re: The white thing in Hillsborough

To follow up on Josh's post, I have been on the lookout at home for a
White-Throated Sparrow with a pure white rump/tail feather.  Otherwise,
it looks normal, unlike the Hillsborough bird.  It was exciting to
discover the bird today on the ground beneath one of the feeders!  This is at
least the third year it has come to our yard!  I was afraid its coloration
would make it stand out and therefore be more susceptible to predation.

The Woodcock in our yard was last seen Friday, the day it rained--now it can
find worms most anywhere, I suspect.

Jerry Griggs	j@sc.edu
Columbia, SC