Snowy Owl at Ft. Fisher still present Saturday

Over a dozen birders enjoyed great views of the Snowy Owl early this
morning.  If you go tomorrow, keep your eyes open on the drive out.  It
was slightly before the end of the vehicular trail--we didn't have to
walk at all.  The exact location was very near marker post 274.

Two rangers from the State Park are unofficially keeping tabs on the
bird.  They might be a good source of information if the bird can't be
found.  Unfortunately I didn't get their names.

--
Kent Fiala
near Chapel Hill, NC