Upper Little River, Harnett Co., NC

     I spent a profitable hour early this morning at the US 401 bridge
over Upper Little River in Harnett County.  I had four species of
woodpeckers--downy, red-bellied, n. flicker, and y-b sapsucker--and
both kinglets.  I heard and saw a very vocal red-shouldered hawk.
The highlight of the morning was a (possibly two) brown creeper.
    On the way to and from Fayetteville, I added red-tailed hawk and
kestrel to my list for the day.

Bob
Robert C. Perkins, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Methodist College, Fayetteville, NC 28311
910-630-7037     rperkins@methodist.edu