Booby (?) report from HBSP

Hi C'birders,

For what it's worth, third or fourth hand...

Some guests of ours visited Huntington Beach S.P., Murrell's Inlet, SC.
While there they checked the bird sightings notebook at the north parking
lot and said a visiting birder had reported a brown booby.  Apparently the
person who wrote the note watched the bird for 20 minutes or so.

Of course, there are always gannets flying by the jetty at HBSP this time
of year.  Obviously, the report could very likely be inaccurate.  On
reading the note, though, my friends (experienced birders) thought the
report might be valid.  Heck, if the observer watched the bird for 20
minutes, he would almost certainly have had gannets around to compare it
to.

Sorry I don't have any more info than this.

Chris

Christopher E. Hill
Department of Biology
Coastal Carolina University			Ph: 843.349.2567
P.O. Box 261954					Fax:843.349.2201
Conway, SC 29528				E: chill@coastal.edu

Don't become an ornithologist if you can help it.
But if you can't help it, go ahead.  -Frank Chapman