3 Nuthatches again: Duke Gardens

Carolinabirders:

Lois and I were covering Duke Gardens today on the Durham CBC, and as per
Josh Rose's scouting report a few days ago, we easily scored the nuthatch
hat trick.  However, Josh, there indeed were two Red-breasteds.  The birds
were as Josh reported, beeping and chasing each other between the
Bloomquist Native Garden and the Asian Garden.  Unlike Josh however, we had
all three species in the Bloomquist alone.

The best bird from the count at this time is a Merlin reported by Norm
Budnitz at the Brickhouse Road wildlife area.

Good birding,
Mike Schultz
Durham, NC