Western Kingbird Remains at Fort Raleigh, Manteo, NC

This morning about 8:15 am, Tricia and I relocated one of the Western
Kingbirds that have been present at Fort Raleigh (near Manteo, NC) for about
the last week. The bird was warming up in the morning sunlight in treetops
around the Group Headquarters Building.  Entering the complex off of Hwy 64,
take the first paved left toward the Elizabethan Gardens.  The Group
Headquarters building is the first building on the right.

We watched the bird for about a half hour, then it flew to the NE out of
sight.

Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC
fitzbew@aol.com