Highlights of New River CBC

Birders,

A little late here, but just got reconnected to the web minutes ago. Allen
Boynton and I had a Golden Eagle and a Green-winged Teal on the New River
CBC in Alleghany County. The Golden Eagle was seen just off Hwy 221 between
Scottville and Sparta. The bird appeared to have just molted into adult
plumage this season. Another interesting note was a solid white Wild Turkey.
I've seen silvery white ones, but never a spotlessly white one before. Jim
Keighton found Purple Finches and maybe Harrol or James might find it
appropriate to chime in with anything else on the "uncommon" side of the
list. A great day was had by all who participated.

Eric Harrold
Charlotte, NC