an apology

Carolinabirders,

Due to the inappropriate nature of my post regarding the Golden Eagle that
Allen Boynton and myself observed while participating in the New River CBC,
I have decided that I should apologize to the forum. There is absolutely no
way that anyone might have been interested in going to look for the bird,
and furthermore, since the final results of the count had not been tallied,
the sighting of the bird should have been held in secret as all those
counters couldn't drive 20 miles to the countdown. I only drove to the area
from Charlotte (approximately 120 miles).

Again, my apologies for informing everyone regarding the eagle. From now on,
everyone who participates in a CBC should consult with their almighty
compiler prior to making a post pertaining to seeing an unusual species.

Sincerely,

Eric Harrold